Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thoughts....

Currently my school has me participating in a Leadership Cohort.  In the cohort, we are discussing many of the same topics from this course.  We had to come up with a problem at our specific campus and we are discussing as a group how we can fix or minimize the problem.  It is very similar to the action research project so I have been able to apply many of things learned in this class.  Both the cohort and this class stressed the importance of assessing the quality of my work.  Strategies and data collection must be relevant and accurate.  In both cases I have learned that not all research will prove to be beneficial and it might require a refocusing of the strategy.

Once again action research is a wide ranging topic that can be very beneficial if practiced and carried out in a passionate and constructive manner.  Through this course I have learned many of the aspects and the possible outcomes to using action research.  As a future leader I find this is very important to use to the benefit of all involved.

1 comment:

  1. While looking at the research topics on the action research blog urls I found yours to be interesting. Any information you discover during your research will be helpful to our STAAR-M students. Also, it's really neat that you have the opportunity to apply what you've learned in your Leadership Cohort.

    ReplyDelete