Friday, August 9, 2013

Week 4 Action Research Review with Site Supervisor

I met with my site supervisor and the head of special education about my action research project.  All three of us worked together to construct my plan and hopefully I will not have any major changes.  We discussed some of the interventions we are starting day one of school.  We talked about how I could evaluate the effectiveness of those interventions.  We also talked about the interventions that we will be implementing throughout the year and how we could evaluate them.  My site supervisor gave me a list of schools that are most like our school (size, ethnicity, socio-economic, etc.) to contact and get information from them on their intervention strategies. The head of special education and I looked at the list of special education students and decided it would be best to target the group as a whole and not divide it up.  We have our target students and I am now ready to start evaluating their benchmark scores and past STAAR results.  My site supervisor feels this research will benefit our school in all subject areas and will allow us to better serve our special education population in the future.  We discussed how just this week the state sent out the change in laws and it proposed that the STAAR-Modified tests are going away and all students will be taking the regular test.   With this new proposed mandate, we feel my research will be that much more important for our school and students to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment